HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALMONDS
Do you know how beneficial almonds are for your health?
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALMONDS:
1. They reduce the risk of heart attack.
2. They provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss:
3. They lower ‘bad’ cholesterol
4. They protect artery walls from damage
5. Almonds help build strong bones and teeth.
6. Almonds lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin after meals.
7. They nourish the nervous system and improves brain health
8. They alkalize the body.
Almonds are made up of over 13 percent protein.
Excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium, fiber and protein.
Almonds are filled with minerals such as magnesium, copper, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and iron, and also B vitamins.
A one-ounce serving of almonds contains about the same amount of antioxidants as a serving of broccoli.
Almonds are one of the best whole food sources of vitamin E, with about one third of the daily value per ounce.
Heart-healthy with monounsaturated fat, almonds are also cholesterol-free.
20-25 almonds contain as much calcium as 1/4 cup of milk.
5 Tips for eating or cooking:
Get these tasty nuts into your diet, in a variety of ways
1. Eaten raw, use in salads
2. Almond flour in gluten-free cooking and baking.
3. Almond Milk with its mild flavor and light color is a very good alternative for diary milk
4. Almond oil is good for cooking at high temperatures; it has a high smoke point.
5. Use on the skin and in hair: It’s so gentle and moisturizing that it is great for baby massage.